Friday, February 27, 2009

A Year Later

I haven't written anything here in nearly 4 months. There have been times when I've had things to write, but just haven't done so, for a variety of reasons, I suppose. But today I want to note the first anniversary of the day I received word that my kids would not be allowed to have me taken out of their lives. It was one year ago this morning that I was on my way to a construction site, cruising down I-5, when I received word from my attorney that the custody evaluator saw the value of the relationships I have with my kids, and recognized that relocating them to Los Angeles would do them no good.

In the past year, my relationships with them have only grown stronger, I feel that I've become an even better father than what the evaluator saw, and I've really done everything I can to raise them in the best ways I know how. I feel that the three of us are extremely close to one another.

Last weekend we had some pictures taken. These were mostly done as an 80th birthday present for my grandma, but I couldn't help but buy a whole bunch more. Here are a few of my favorites:














1 comment:

Jege (Jen) said...

so cute! Yeah, they're definitely crazy about ya!